Friday, February 22, 2008

Don't Blink...

Some of you reading my blog may remember my 2007 Christmas letter where I mentioned the song " Don't Blink " by Kenny Chesney . This song caught my attention because the words and meaning of this song are so very true. " A hundred years goes by faster than you think .... so Don't Blink" It is true, that the older you get the faster time goes by and you become so much more aware of it......nothing stays the same. I look at my girls and I can not believe how they have grown and already where those years went. Gabi came home at 14 months and she is now 5-1/2 years old getting ready to go to kindergarten and it seems just like yesterday we brought her forever home. She still loves to cuddle and wants me to carry her even though she is a little too big to carry:o) but now that my ankle is healed(another blog story) I am grateful I can carry her again, those days wont last the bigger she gets.. Gabi will not go to sleep unless I rub her back, I always said I created a bad habit with my first one by doing this, but actually it is a moment every night I know I will truly miss later on... Time is going by so fast and it is scarry. Soon my 4 little guatemala princesses won't be little anymore. I have learned to treasure each day and try not to sweat small stuff or even the big stuff. It is so sad when you let a min. , hours, days and years go by because your mad about something or at someone. Sometimes we have to say "sorry" and move on. And sometimes that means wishing someone well and praying for them and moving on to the next chapter God has written for us in our lives . Life is too short and no one is perfect, you never get that time back. "when your hourglass runs outta sand, you can't flip it over , start again.... Take every breath God gives you , for what it's worth

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Boy can I relate to every word! The time goes by so fast and I try to cherish every night Bella wants mama to 'kukkle me' because one day she will go to bed by herself and no longer need those mama cuddles!

Doreen said...

yes , cherish all those cuddles and hugs everynight, she will remember them forever.doreen