Saturday, February 16, 2008

Counting your Blessings..






Counting your blessings everyday (and I do) is a good thing to do, but never let it keep you from reaching for your dreams , passion or purpose. About a year after adopting (in a future post I will tell my whole adoption story) and bringing home Gabriela and Anabella, I knew and felt strongly in my heart I have a purpose and there was another child waiting for me in Guatemala. I honestly beleive God has a plan for all of us (Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lords purpose that prevails,proverbs 20:5) When I shared this with family , friends or an acquaintance most of them were happy and excited we were expanding our family, but there were a few that said "you have 2 healthy beautiful girls why can't you be happy with that ,why would you want to adopt again and take a chance , you have been blessed with 2 children you should be content.... I heard it all.. BUT if i had listened to those words and opinions of others of what they "thought my blessings should be" I would not have Matteya or Neyvada today and I can not imagine my life without them, they too are our "blessings" that I will be forever grateful for, that came later.


6 comments:

Amy said...

Amen! I am so thankful that you followed your heart. God has blessed you for being obedient. All 4 of those precious little girls were meant to be yours and I am so thankful that you stepped out in faith and accepted God's gift to you. You are an amazing mom Doreen and a wonderful friend. Thank you for being just the way you are- I have learned so much from you. Love and ((HUGS)) Amy

The Moore Family said...

I'm glad you didn't listen to the nay-sayers. You have four beautiful little girls. I cannot wait until we have our two boys home, but even then -- God help us if we dream too small, and hope too little. -- Kelli

www.twomooreboys.blogspot.com

Doreen said...

Amy ,And i have learned so much from you.. i treaure your friendship everyday..you are one of the most amazing people i have ever met:o))))(soon i hope) in my life and you too follow your heart and pay no attention those who disagree..

Doreen said...

Hi Kelli, thank you.. i love what you wrote: God help us if we dream too small , and hope too little. i just visited your 2 sites.. you too are amazing and how wonderful to help! your boys are so handsome and i hope they are in your arms soon.doreen

Anonymous said...

What I love about you most, and there are many things I love about you, is how you always follow your heart and your passion no matter what anyone says. It can be a loney road sometimes, but it's always the right road to follow because what's the point in living any other way? I'm so proud of you and the family you have created.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers always!!!
Karen

Doreen said...

thanks Karen , you have been such a special friend, specially when that road like you posted got lonely. it helps to have your friends by your side! doreen