Wednesday, December 24, 2008

122 goodie bags...

















Helen Keller...... "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."










What did Gabi, Bella, Teya and Vada do with 122 goodie bags we made ? They handed one to each of the children staying at the childrens homeless shelter . Many of the children were taken at the border ,crossing over to seek a better life. Most of them Guatemalan ,all of them precious....ages 13 - 17, girls and boys. I received a call just a few days before to put together a little something for these children to get as there holiday pasada came to an end. I did the best i could with the few days i had and enjoyed every second of it.... i can not show you their faces in my pictures , but they are beautiful, i can not show you their faces but they were happy they had eachother, but sad i am sure, not knowing where they will be sent to and where there family is...i was sad and happy when i left there. My heart was happy to give and help and was very grateful to be a part of their event (and the girls handed out each bag themselves..it was important to me they be a part of this giving back... ) and so sad for these children because at this moment having no mom or dad to call out to, to cry to or to just get a hug .. and wondering when they may see their family..........and be safe in their arms again...It was a Christmas celebration of giving from the heart and a way for my girls to learn compassion for others....Thank you Oscar and Olga for iviting us to help and share in your special event for these special children...and bless your hearts for everything you do for them!

No comments: