Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Silvia ... mother of 10


"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it..., but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question." ~ Anonymous


There are times when we are called to love and give back......


Silvia and her husband have 10 beautiful children. I have never met this very poor family of Guatemala, but i love them very much. Through God, my friend Rosa and people i know going to Guatemala,I help feed this wonderful family and help buy school supplies for their school aged children to attend school. My very wonderful friend Esperanza is Guatemalan and her sister (and all her family)Rosa lives in Guatemala. I sent a package back with laura for Rosa to give to Silvia and other families. Espe talked to Rosa today and Rosa said" When Doreen sends gifts to help feed and help these poor guatemalan families , i never have to go look for them , God leads me to them every time......" and that is how i feel.....With God's helping hand, Rosa and i are helping many of his precious children.....I hope to meet them someday.

1 comment:

Amy said...

May God bless you Doreen as you have blessed so many others! Love, Amy