Monday, March 31, 2008

Picture perfect....


One day as you go along everything seems to be "picture perfect" and then in a second, one unexpected thing happens and "your life as you know it" hits a sudden stop and it disappears... Everything changes instantly for a week, months ,years or a life time. This as some of you know happened to me when I broke my ankle. (Blog posted broken ankle) My life changed for 4 months no walking , no driving, everything i did with my girls , i could no longer do changed, then the following months everything came back slowly.Today I can drive , walk , my favorite exercise spinning, and being the mommy i was.. I am so lucky it was only 4 months. My ankle was put back together (thanks again Dr. Gary) and" my life as i knew it" came back.....It is still in the back of my mind and think about it often how anything can happen to anyone in a matter of seconds and your life is changed. I was reminded of this on Saturday when my mother received a phone call that her cousin was in a horrible motorcycle accident. Alan who was driving his motorcycle with 2 friends on theirs, down Big Bear Mountain in California was hit by a van as they turned the steep corner. He is in the hospital with a shattered left knee, right wrist and broken left foot. If his circulation does not come back in his foot the doctor said he may lose it. Alan is a great guy, husband and father, his life is now changed maybe for a lifetime..... please say a prayer for him that he recovers and heals and has the faith and strength to get through this.


Like the words on the top of my blog.. Always kiss me goodnight,give hugs to your children , play and laugh with them, take lots of pictures, always say "i love you", take the time to be with a friend or someone who needs you, a hug goes a long way when someone is sad and hurting, don't sweat the small stuff, smile and be grateful instead , help someone in need, send that card you been wanting to send, or make that call , tell your wife , husband, family and friends how much they mean to you.. you never know if "your life as you know it"will give you that chance ... tommorrow....We are praying for you Alan and your family....

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm lifting up Alan and his family right now in prayer. Love, Amy

Doreen said...

thanks amy for your prayers. he is doing ok and has been moved to rehab facility. it will be a long revcovery. doreen