Monday, July 27, 2009

Smiles in Guatemala......:o)




Besides sending money to Guatemala to help the very poor families through my friend Rosa, i started sending her a big box 2 x's a year (summer and for Christmas) with toys, clothes, shoes, etc.... and she shares the things in the box with families that desperately are in need and with the children who have no toys...She just recieved my box and gave the items away to many families and sent me a picture of these 2 beautiful girls and i spoke with her the other day and she said this family is very poor and they have never had a toys before...these smiles are price less. Theses Dora dolls were my daughters and they help me fill the boxes with their things they want to give.....i was thrilled to get this note from Rosa:



Hi Doreen, thank you for the box you sent. I was very happy giving the things to the children and the children were very happy receiving the toys, the cloth, the food...I think the pictures demostrate how much they enjoyed it.I gave some other things, like the toy of the little mermaid and the toy of the potatoe, to the school I'm working on because there more children can use it. I will send you some pictures of them other day. It was good to share all this happy momments with this persons. Thank you again!Hugs: Rosapictures and this note from Rosa:

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Isn't that the best feeling! I just bought a big tub to fill and send to my family I sponsor. I have said I want money for my birthday and Christmas so I can send them a gift and send their daughter to school for the 3rd year!

Gardenia said...

gosh, how awesome that you do this, and that you are able to communicate with your special friend and help out familes in need. Rosa is your own angel's assistant in Guatemala there for you.