Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Laura's first few days...






Neyvada's foster mom Laura arrived in the United States from Guatemala on Friday.... She is so very excited and and has cried tears of gratefulness everyday... Saturday I invited Maritza (our Guatemalan baby sitter) and her whole family to our home for a Gautemalan welcoming party, laura was very touched. Having her here made Mother's Day extra special. (Saturday is Mother's Day in Gautemala) . The girls and I went to work out at the health club while laura slept in, we opened gifts from the girls, went to church , then out to eat(laura had her first hambuger and first frozen custard) then we spent the rest of the day at the health club pools . Laura loves to swim and before we left.. Betsy and Gabi took her down the huge water slide. I think she liked it, they all went again. Laura's other first since she has been here were going to Target and Walmart ..She is so thankful for everyday here and Neyvada is having fun with her and Frank , Gabi, Bella Teya ,Vada and I are truly enjoying having her here. It fills my heart with so much joy to be able to make Laura's dream of a life time come true. I want every moment she is here to be nothing but special....

" Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all the beings with eyes of compassion." ~Thich Nhat Hanh

6 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so happy for Laura and so happy that you get to experience this dream with her. You are such a blessing to so many people Doreen! Love you girl! Amy

Jenny said...

I can't even begin to imagine how amazing this experience is for Laura. She looks so happy! Jenny

Doreen said...

Thank you Amy, love you too:o) laura is having a great time..doreen

Doreen said...

Thanks Jenny , it is fun to watch her experience all these new things..doreen

Michelle Riggs said...

How wonderful that she was able to visit you. I love reading about her trip. What a blessing to watch her experience all of the firsts.

http://riggsbunch.blogspot.com/

Laurie said...

I can't begin to imagine the experience for Laura or you as a hostess. What an incredible blessing for all. I love making dreams come true!